Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Blast From The Past! And We Have A Winner!!


Sometimes we feel we would love to leave the past in the past. Well, in many ways, I agree with that. The past brings up sorrows as well as happy times too. But one of the turning points in every young person's life, is graduating from high school and getting on with their lives. So I decided to show you all my senior picture, when I was ready to "get on with my life!"

A year after graduation, I married my high school sweetheart and we've been married for 38 1/2 years now and have 2 children, both boys, two wonderful daughter in laws, and 2 grandchildren, a boy and a girl. It's been a lot of years, but I can honestly say that we've been happily married all these years. I do think it's because of the fact that shortly before we got married we learned what God's standards are for marriage and families. Any time we do things God's way, we succeed!

Okay, enough of that. You're all probably wondering who the winner of my giveaway is and which earrings they won. Well, here we go.......(drum rolls)....and the winner is:

Peggy Goodin!! Yay!!! And these are what she won:

I love having a happy winner!! And I know she will be a happy winner too!

But wait...........what's this???? I have 2 winners!! Yes, I said 2!!! I decided as a surprise, I would select 2 winners, and I hoped they would select different earrings too! The second winner won these:

Align CenterOkay.....I'll quit teasing now. Who won these?? You won't believe it, but it was Deb Malloy!!! Also know affectionately as "Wug!" Yippee!!!

So for the winners, I will need your approval and address information. Congrats to you both!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! I was able to see the surprise!!! First, let me just say WOW!! You were a gorgeous high schooler! No wonder your hubby snatched you up right away!!! And you're right about having God's standards to guide you too! That's what's kept me and my hubby together all these 28 years too!...NOW, Congrats to Peggy...and congrats to ME!!!! I'm thrilled that I'm going to have a pair of your earrings to go with the MANY purse pull dangles of yours I have! {But these "babies" are going on MY ears! Not on someone else's ears from my shop! LOL} Thank you so much Cindy!!! I think you have my address. If not, as soon as I can I'll leave it for you. Let me know. *Happy Dance!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Deb!! I'm so glad you got to see the surprise before you had to give up on your computer today. Thanks so much for your nice complements on my photo. I hate to show it cuz I've gotten so old!
    I can't wait to send out your earrings. I will do that today, and yes, I do have your address somewhere. If not, I'll let you know. Hope this perked you up for the day! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture of you, Cindy! :)
    Congratulations to the winners and UGH Debbie, I'm so jealous now!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariann, Is it bad form to say: ♫ Na na na na na!! ♫ LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Debbie, is it bad for me to say: PHOTOSHOP!!! LMAO You know what I'm talking about! :P

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?? How sweet of you! I love to read them!