Monday, May 3, 2010

Adventures In Making Strawberry/Rhubarb Freezer Jam!!

Hi everyone!! I haven't posted for awhile, so today I thought I'd show you what I've been doing! Yep, you got it!! Making Strawberry/Rhubarb freezer jam!! Yummy!!


I started with fresh rhubarb cut from one of my plants in my garden. I cut off the greens and the ends, and then cut it up in small pieces.


Then I take fresh strawberries (from the grocery store) and cut the tops off and put them and the rhubarb in my food processor and chop fine.


I then followed the directions on my sure jell direction page for low sugar freezer jam and added it to my chopped strawberries and rhubarb. This is how it looked just before I ladled it into the plastic jars! Yummy!


And here we have the finished product!! 15 jars (2 batches) of the best jam you could ever eat! I have to wait 24 hours to put it in the freezer. It does separate, but when you go to eat it, you just have to stir it good first! We love it!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum!!! Not only does it sound good, but it looks good too!! Wish I lived closer!!! :-))

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?? How sweet of you! I love to read them!