Friday, August 20, 2010

A Dish Is NOT Just A Dish!






When is a dish not a dish? ....... When it's a spoon!!!! Ha ha ha!! Or when its stored away in a cupboard and forgotten! That's what has happened to these beautiful soup bowls.
My friend Wug (that's my affectionate name for her), and I decided to write about our flowery dishes today. We've both had them for a long time. But I think mine may be a bit older. Let me tell you the story.

When my husband and I got married, 38 years ago, my dear departed grandmother, bless her heart, couldn't afford much of a wedding present, and so she gave me these beautiful bowls that were already old. There are 8 of them!! How old??? I have NO idea! We loved them and have used them a LOT over the years. I cherish them and feel bad that I've put them away in a cupboard out of sight. But my latest dishes came with soup bowls, so I had no need for them. I still love them though. Hope you like them too.


Please go to my Deb's blog and read about her beautiful SET of dishes that she has!
http://poetesswug-thewugsbackyardblogspot.blogspot.com/

Say, and while I have your attention......here are my latest earrings. Do you like them?

4 comments:

  1. Oh Bead, I love them! They've got flowers all over them too! I tried to look on Ebay to see if there was any like mine, but nothing Romanian was even there! Not that I would part with them anyway!! :-))

    By the way, I DO like the latest earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks my friend! I appreciate your support. I hope someone else likes the earrings too! I threw them together yesterday and almost kept them for myself! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bowls are lovely! And so are the earrings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Kerri!! I'm so glad someone is reading my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?? How sweet of you! I love to read them!