Friday, September 30, 2011

BOGO Sale or Business Stagnation Sale I Must Scale Down

In the last few weeks I've been doing a lot of thinking about where my business is going and have decided it's not going anywhere. I have so much inventory that I've decided its time to clear out some of the older items. So I've marked everything in my clearance section BOGO or buy 1 get 1 of equal value or less FREE! The above necklace is an example of what's in there. I have so many more things to add, but NO ONE has taken advantage. Now my question is, is the economy so bad that people aren't buying anything??? Or is my jewelry really BAD? I'm taking it personal and I know I shouldn't. LOL


The above photo is a sample of the many items I have made but have not listed. I haven't listed them because I simply have too much inventory already. Until I move some of the old stuff out, I won't be adding much new. Here's another sample of new:



I have shown this one off on FB. I really love it, but I won't list it until I start to move some of the other things. And earrings....oh do I have some new earrings to list!! Look at this pair:


I have several others too.

I know I showed you one bracelet, but what about this one:

Personally I'm luvin' this one!!

And how about a new purse/keychain/backpack charm? I have several made, but they sure aren't moving. Maybe I'm the only one out there that thinks they're cute. I hope the price isn't too steep. I can't give them away people!


Know a boy that loves football?? This would be great for him!
I love this one myself!

So as you can see by this sample of new items, I still have a lot to list. Keep in mind that I have to pay Etsy to list things. I simply can't afford to keep giving them more money each month than I make in sales. So because of this and because I have more important things to do in my life, more important priorities as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I've decided, with hubby's consent, to scale down drastically by the end of the year if things don't change. I will keep my shop open and hope that someone finds it, but I will not be promoting or adding new daily. I want a small inventory that will be easier for me to maintain with little time involved. So I'm not quitting (yet), just needing to scale back. So I hope you can see my dilemma and pass the word that I really need to move the older inventory. I will keep adding to the section until I have the majority sold.

If you see anything in the above photos that you're interested in, or if you're interested in seeing some of the other items I haven't listed, send me an email and I'll be happy to sell it or show it to you.

Thanks for reading this. Have a wonderful Friday and weekend too.

4 comments:

  1. Bead, I totally understand where you're headed. I hope you sell everything out! You do have much more important priorities than selling jewelry...even though your jewelry is beautiful! By the way, I'm sure it probably has to do with a combination of the economy and the fact that not enough people have found your shop. I hope the sale changes the latter issue for you. Pray and do what's best for you my friend. I'll support you whichever way it goes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Wugs! I knew I count on you! Always have. I've thought about putting all my items into my website and promoting it. Doesn't cost me anything to use it and then I can add as much as I want. It's just that no one knows it exists! I would have to promote. That's the part I hate and that is so time consuming. At the same time, I love to make jewelry! What a dilemma! Hope things change before the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the economy. Your jewelry is beautiful and fashionable but I think people are scaling back and only making "extra" purchases when necessary or if they have a spare dime. I also think Etsy is overloaded so it makes it harder to stand out and get noticed. I had a friend years ago who made jewelry have jewelry parties with the hostess getting rewarded, etc to pump up sales and it worked for her. Also, smaller boutiques if you still have an area in your town might let you put up a display?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your input Judy! I agree that people aren't buying right now for sure. I have thought of other avenues, just the time thing gets in the way. I think I may move most of my inventory to my website and see what happens. Etsy is DEFINITELY overloaded! Way too many jewelry makers. I just can't compete! And unfortunately, they have their favorites that they promote all the time. So I am considering other ways to sell. Thank you for your nice comment on my jewelry too! You've been a wonderful customer! I hope to see you in my website in the future too! www.cinlynn.com

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?? How sweet of you! I love to read them!