Monday, January 24, 2011

I've Got Coconut On My Mind!!




Ever since I talked to Deb of Wuglyees and The Wug's Backyard Blogspot last night and this morning, I've had coconut candy on my mind! You see I had a sweet tooth last night and dug into the coconut candy we brought back from Mexico! You can see what it looked like in the photo above!
Well, as is normal for me, I couldn't keep my big mouth shut about it, I had to talk about with Deb. Her mouth started to water to the point that her hubby had to run out and try to find some coconut candy for her!!! She got coconut M&M's which are a favorite of mine too! Last night she even dreamed about chocolate and candy!!! Did I start something or what!!!! TeeHee!! So, as promised, I am posting a photo for her and anyone else that finds it interesting, so you can see what it looks like! Look at all that gooey coconut!! Yummy!!

As you can see we bought one in white and one in yellow!! They taste exactly the same, just a different color. They taste a bit like a macaroon, but chewy like candy!

Well after bragging (a LOT) about it's tastiness, I promised I would share a wonderful recipe for Macaroon Tartlets! Here is the recipe! I hope you all enjoy it. It's one of my personal favorites! Please comment and let me know what you think.

9 comments:

  1. That sounds like tasty! :D Drooling yet again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS tasty Mariann!! I sure hope you didn't ruin your keyboard drooling all over it like that!!! TEEHEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! They look delicious!!!!! They look like macaroons...which I love, with all of the coconut!! YUM!..Thanks for showing me what they look like. Now I don't have to try to dream them up again tonight!! ^_^ And thanks for the recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that if you shop the mexican stores you can find all kinds of coconut candy. They come in a varity of colors like pink, brown yellow etc. The one that you posted looks real yummy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome my friend Wug!! And the great thing is they're not too sweet, just sweet enough and creamy too! Sleep "sweetly" tonight! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. SnowflakeDreams...I know. I've seen them in the Mexican stores before, but I've never tried them! So glad I did! And they are yummy! You're welcome! Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now I'm craving coconut! And darn it, I happen to have some left over from Christmas in my cabinet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to tempt you Carrie! I crave it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to let you know that I shared this with my blog readers too! Couldn't help myself!! :-)

    http://poetesswug-thewugsbackyardblogspot.blogspot.com/2011/01/this-one-is-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?? How sweet of you! I love to read them!